Wednesday, July 14, 2010

10 days!! 10 days from now I will be flying to Kenya! So exciting!

This was my small group at my training! What great/sweet people!


Here is my latest updat letter:

Dear Friends,


I spent the past 2 weeks at Pre-Field Orientation (PFO) with the Network of International Christian Schools. During this time the Lord encouraged me, deepened my passion to work with international students, and increased my excitement to move to the field.

While at PFO I was able to talk with the Director of West Nairobi School. We spent time reviewing my job description, and the role I will have at WNS. I learned that I will have a significant role in school admissions and placement of students. Please pray that the Lord will guide me in this. Also while at PFO, it was wonderful to interact with other NICS missionaries headed to 16 different countries. We are a part of the Lord’s army headed all over the globe to share the love of Christ, explaining His plan for salvation, with students and families affiliated with our schools.

I am happy to announce that I plan to leave for Kenya on July 24,2010! I praise God that he has laid it on the hearts of some wonderful people to partner with me in ministry, and I have 50% of the necessary funds for my first year. Your gifts are a priceless part of the Lord’s provision. I am so grateful! I would also like to extend an invitation for others to partner with me through prayer & financial giving. To do this you can write a check out to NICS (with project #003351 in the Memo line and send to the NICS home office) or give at www.nics.org (Click Donate, then Donate securely online, next Missionary projects, then Nairobi, then Lori LeBlanc). My current needs are mainly for on-going monthly support and one-time gifts for a car. The monthly funds needed can be at 100% with just 5 people giving at $50 a month, +10 people giving at $25 a month, and +25 people giving at $10 a month. As I step out in faith I am trusting that God will provide.

— God bless you, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment